About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, November 7, 2011

The Saga continues!

So, I run a race...just for me....just a little something to make me feel good about myself....do just for me....as a bonus my son and husband have started enjoying running as well as my oldest stepdaughter and of course my E can't wait till she can run in a race.

NO fame, no glory.....just to be able to say....I DID it....that's all I wanted....now almost three weeks later....here I sit.....and my injury has been odd at how it came and odd at how it seems to stay.

As you all know....after mile 1 I felt a pain in my knee.....I kept running....more out of anger than anything....because I had worked SOOO hard to complete this race....and NOTHING was going to stop me....so after the race gutt wrenching pain is what followed and walking and keeping house and keeping up with my children with homeschooling has been a trial ever since.

This morning at 6am I had an MRI on my knee....I thought that they would find nothing....I would continue walking on it as I had lately and all would return to normal....eventually.....got called into the doctor's office three hours later....told to get on my crutches immediately and put no weight on my foot...well....I just had finished a cup of coffee and was so happy to begin my day....I even thought my knee was feeling better. SLAM BAM THANK YOU MAM!  Here I sat with an expression of complete suprise as my doctor explained to me that there was a stress fracture on my femur??? SERIOUSLY? He then explains to me about the cast.....I'm sorry did you say CAST??? How in the WORLD DOES A CAST FIT IN WITH MY THANKSGIVING AND CHRISTMAS???? Everyone comes to MY house for those events.....I do those events BIG because I'm super sonic obsessive compulsive CRAZY about those two holidays....and had MAJOR plans for this year.....???? Not to mention how can you swiffer wet jet the floors with a cast? The kids can't clean the bathrooms as good as I would like....and dusting??? Seriously....have you seen them DUST????? ITS RIDICULOUS!  So, off I go back to the hospital to get a copy of the MRI to take to the orthopedic surgeon....and then off we go to see the orthopedic surgeon.....

Then I get to fill out more paperwork, more x-rays.....more more more....I see the dreaded room with CAST on the outside....they even have a ROOM with CAST on it...let me out of this place!!!! I keep thinking I'm going to be sick....in he comes....the man that says....no CAST.....no BREAK.....but.....I MUST stay on my crutches....I must for at least two weeks. 

On the way home I have a grateful spirit....realizing that I not only DO NOT have to have surgery.....but do NOT have a cast on like some of those poor people that had to go into that dreaded room of constant RESTRICTION.....the horror of it all!  THEN I realize what being on crutches means.....no cleaning floors or bathrooms, hard time cooking....hard time doing everything.....I hear my E getting her bath time....I hear her getting her stories read.....I hear her singing.....and hear I sit.

I have to ask my husband and son to vacuum, to do laundry to watch Ellie to pick up things.....and here I sit.....I have friends bring dinners, offer to take my kiddos and clean my house.....and here I sit....what is this lesson I'm supposed to learn right now??? Patience?   Not being in control??? Letting things go????  GRRRR.....I don't want to learn these lessons.....I just want to run....and take care of my family......but here I sit....and sit....thinking.....thinking.....thinking.....that's usually how God finally gets a hold of me....

He's in charge....not me....and so that's ok...so the SEgrist house is probably gonna be a little dirtier than I might like this year....I'm learning to let go....the house won't be decorated like last year.....we will survive....or pull up pics from the previous year (ok I'm kidding....sorta).....so we won't have as many Christmas decorations??? The sun will shine...and I will run....and my house will be as clean as always.....but did I learn to be still....and listen.....as I sit.....or do I become annoyed....irritated....annoyed....impatient....ungrateful....bitter......

May HIs name be praised!

No comments:

Post a Comment