About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sugar Scrub

Today I finally finished decorating! Now I'm in the middle of cleaning but wanted to get one project out of the way for my gift baskets I'm doing....I'm trying to get the courage up to make my soap....I have to make it this week to make sure its ready in time....so I cheated and did an easier project!

Sugar Scrub!

I have to say I really like this one...and I made mine all different scents.

Ingredients you need:
3 cups white sugar
1 cup and 2 tbsp olive oil
10 drops of essential oil...I chose lavender, spearmint, honeysuckle and sweet pea.  Since I make a lot of my own products I already had these on hand.  I get mine at www.symphonyscents.com  I also get my soap making supplies there also.

You mix the sugar and oil together



Then you add your essential oil



I bought these adorable jars at Hobby Lobby for a dollar.  I wish I would have bought more...I will go back and get some!


I added the sugar and oil together and then separated....then I felt a little CRAZY and because "Martha Stewart suggested it I colored the sugar and then added the fragrance.  I put them in the jars but I suggest your putting it in separate bowls that would make it easier to stir and get the right color etc.



I have to say I like this one better than the brown sugar scrub I made....they smell heavenly!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Question: did you use food coloring to color the sugar? I wondered whether the color would soak into your skin? Just curious about that. It's a great idea to jazz it up. I found a simple recipe for a peppermint sugar scrub using peppermint candies...I'm debating about whether to try it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, I don't believe so....I got the idea from Martha Stewart. I did use it on my skin beforehand to see and nothing happened. I believe it to be like when you use food coloring in playdoh???? I might get some food coloring on me when I start it but obviously not once its mixed in??? I don't know....clearly I am out of my element on that one. I believe its fine....I just thought that since Martha said it was ok...it was:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL well if Martha said it then it must be "a good thing"! I'll have to try it. I've got some fragrance oil from Partylite Candles and it says it CONTAINS essential oil so I don't know whether I should use it for scrub or not? I've used it for a fabric spray and I have this candle melting thingamajig and when the scent is gone from the wax that has melted I add the oil to the wax just to make it last a little longer. Do you think it would be okay to use in scrub?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would not just because its going on people's skin....Hobby Lobby sells them rather cheap also.

    ReplyDelete