About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Curried Cranberry Snack MIx

6 cups Corn Chex
3 cups Rice Chex
1 can (6oz) French-fried onions
2 cups min pretzels
1 1/2 cups honey-roasted peanuts
1/3 cup butter
3 tbsp honey
2 tbxp honey mustard
1 1/2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries, divided.

1.  In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients.  Place the butter, honey, honey mustard, curry powder and garlic powder in a small microwave-safe bowl.  Microwave, ncovered, on high for 1 to 1 1/2 min stirring every 30 seconds or until mixture is smooth.  Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
2.  Place half of the mixture in a large microwave-safe bowl.  MIcrowave, uncovered on high for 2-3 minutes stirring after each minute.  Stir in 3/4 cup cranberries.  Immediately spread onto waxed paper, cool completely.  Repeat with remaining cereal and cranberries.  Store in an airtight container.

I found this recipe in my Taste of Home magazine December issue....my hubby who is a bit picky ADORES this recipe by the way!

Great gift for neighbors, teachers :) Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment