About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Fabric Covered Balls

Christmas decorations are down at our store and our home. ... that was a 3 day job...but besides my back being out and need to get to the chiropracter we are soo happy it is DONE!

Like many of you I have been bringing out the decorations that I have around my house all year and haven't seen since August but wanted to "spruce" up things a bit.  I have several large glass containers and a large container on my dining room table.  The little balls that I buy are not cheap to say the least and I wanted something a little different.  I saw this particular idea on pinterest but decided to change it up a bit.  She had strips of fabric, but I used ribbon...because I don't sew I don't have material laying around....a dilemma I hope to overcome this coming year...but for now I have ribbon...so that's what I used!  I did five of these babies in like five minutes...even my Mom was impressed (she just happened to be here while I attempted this little feat!)

First you get some styrofoam balls at your local Hobby Lobby or craft shop.




You just wrap the ribbon around the ball...secure with another straight pin and there ya go! LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment