About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, December 9, 2011

Gift Card Water Globes

Ok....how many of you adore Pinterest? I know I do! Not sure my hubby does since now there seems to always be a new "project".

I have a few on my list that require gift cards....I think anyone over the age of 14 seems to need one and I just was so tired of putting them in an envelope...I wanted something fun to present it with.  So...glittler, water, glue gun and a mason jar? Sounds easy enough eh????

Today a dear friend of mine watched my kiddos for a couple of hours so I could run and do those errands that take no time with no kiddos but take too much time and patience WITH kiddos....so off to Hobby Lobby I went! They had all glass on sale and all Christmas on sale:) YIPPPEEEE!

I got my mason jar with big lids, my gift cards, my unbreakable ornaments and got to work!


Then started gluing them how I wanted them!

Add glitter and some other ornaments that will float around....

I like glitter....so I added a LOT!

add water, screw on lid....presto! You have a very CREATIVE way to present your gift cards.....the glue comes easily off the gift card and the card is obviously fine when they are wet!

ENJOY!





Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. So clever Jamie! What a great gift for a teenager...or anybody for that matter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are a Christmas crafting genius! So glad I found your project via Centsational Girl.

    Please stop by for a visit to my blog. I am currently in the midst of a Gifts to Make series.

    Be Merry and Bright!

    ReplyDelete