About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, December 23, 2011

The GREAT Pitfall

Lately I have become aware of the pitfalls of Facebook....to the point that I'm almost ready to hit DELETE...what just makes me so "sucked in" to this huge timewaster? I used to think that I just check things on my phone and don't really spend that much time on it.....I'm sure that's true....I really don't think I spend a TON of time on it....I'm talking about a different kind of pitfall.....

As far as friends go....I don't really care about the number itself...but feel compelled to tell you that I have 348....why do I feel that I have to say that? I have two separate pages from that share things from this blog and my clown ministry....and why do I care that there are 25 friends on one page and 45 on the other page and why there are only 33 friends on this blog??? Why does that matter???? Why????? Do I get my worth from how many FRIENDS think I'm important, who deleted me, who commented on my status, who decided my link was worthy of sharing.....my importance is in how many....WHY? How many Christmas cards did I get this year? How many people did I send them to and didn't get one in return? HOw many sent me one and I didn't send them one? WHY oh WHY is the CONSTANT contact  of knowing who said what about what I said AFFECT me so much???? Do I find myself annoyed when someone else shares my idea and gets credit for it? Am I the ONLY one that feels this way??? Maybe I'm a horrible person and have issues that no one else has???

When I started facebook it was to connect with people that I haven't talked to and lived far away from and wanted to re connect with....and in many ways that has been a wonderful thing..however, who cares that my car just broke down on the road or that I saw someone do something disgusting and have to comment on it.  Does every thought that comes through my head have to be sent out for millions of people to read....ok....348?  As I recall don't I tell my son on a regular basis to NOT say everything that comes through his head out loud?????

As of now....I still haven't deleted my page...but I'm severely wanting to.  After all if someone REALLY needs to find me...can't they find me? Do I find the constant urge of being in the "know" of what's going on in the great world more important that the needs of family and household duties???

What's really funny is that I want and NEED your feedback on this?? That to me shows me just how far I've come....or down I've gone???

Still waiting to hit DELETE!  I need to laugh...immerse myself in projects...and do some more things for our community....time to clown around I think....and stay away from the computer????

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog and keeping up with you on Facebook. I learn a great deal from you and others who homeschool as I'm just beginning and I'm not creative enough to come up with the ideas you have come up with so I do try things out that you've posted from time to time. My vote is that you stay on Facebook and continue blogging but you do what you need to do for you and your family. I have 3 followers on my blog...you, my cousin, and a friend. I started blogging as an outlet for me and as a way to sort of scrapbook what goes on in our family. I'm willing to bet that there are many others who read your blog that may not be a follower. I've had a couple people tell me they can't comment on my blog for whatever reason (don't know how or whatever the reason may be) but my guess is that you're reaching more people than you think! I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete