Today will be a lovely day. It will be spent wrapping the last bit of presents, cooking and cleaning and letting the kids watch Christmas movies...spent relaxing and then ending by attending our Christmas Eve Service at church...which to me puts everything in perspective. Since Christmas Day falls on Sunday this year it will be a little tricky in how our blended family does things. My hubby's older girls will be with us tonight and then have to be back at their Mother's house around 11 which means we have to get up very early to open presents and then get ready for church blah blah blah...they are anxious for when they don't have to go back and forth...and for that...who could blame them.
I know that many people don't look back on the year until the year is done...but I've been thinking a lot about what was accomplished this year and what I would like to accomplish for next year. I think that constantly setting goals and being able to check them off the list makes for a happy me:) The following were goals that I accomplished that at the beginning of the year I didn't think I would ever accomplish...in fact I don't even think I MADE a list...because if you don't make one...you don't have to accomplish any of it...how sad is that????
1. Ran a 5K-(never mind the fact that it was 35 min and that I cracked my femur) I FINISHED!!!!
2. Was able to get my son interested in running...to date he has ran 3 5k's and got a medal in two:)
3. Learned to knit (the finished projects are now able to be given without embarrassement)
4. Learned to make cold process soap (using lye was scary) but hey! I did it all by myself.
5. Learned how to make homemade candles.
6. Was able to organize my home more:)
7. I was able to get rid of my bookkeeper job
8. My hubby and I were able to go to a jewelry show far far away and I survived public transportation (I have a germ phobia seriously I do...it grosses me out to go to Sam's and see all the people eating samples...ewwwwww!)
9. I was lucky enough to get a new wedding ring...its been a goal for 8 years :) its LOVELY
10. I learned to make homemade bread with my new KitchenAid mixer!
Goals for 2012
1. Be able to learn more about cold process soap
2. Organize home in more detail...especially the basement
3. Be able to grow more in container gardens enough to be able to make salads fresh!
4. Run more 5K without injury eventually being able to get to 10K
5. Have more people into our home making closer relationships.
6. Clown more....sickness and injury kept me from being able to do this for our community and church
7. I want to learn how to make quilts this year...that would be so fun!
8. Learn how to sew!
9. Paint my ceiling in my dining room to look like a old tin ceiling...wallpaper there...just need to decide between copper or silver:)
10. Learn to not hold grudges:)
As always....spend each day with God...less facebook, more filling my life with what God wants me to think of, less time worrying about what others think of me, more time letting the little things go. Being able to sit down and not worry about the house not being sparkly and enjoy my children without the guilt of something else that needs to be done!
May you all have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year! Here are some pics of this past year! Enjoy! and thanks for reading my blog! It's grown a lot this year! Thanks so much for caring about little ol me!
We were blessed throughout the year by the generosity of a swing set that was new to us and was given to us by a dear friend who simply didn't want it anymore! Trey became a Boy Scout this year and went to Boy Scout camp for seven days...it has been amazing to see him grow. My parents built my daughter E a playhouse just like the one I had growing up. We went to Las Vegas for a jewelry show and survived...(I detest Las Vegas). We enjoyed family vacations, a new pool and lots of snow this past year. Excited about the coming year and realize that it will bring GREAT changes as we see the oldest go away to college in the fall. We are excited for her as she begins this new chapter of her life...but sad for us as we will miss her....I can't even imagine how my husband will get through it!
Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!