About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cranberry Fig Tri Colored Soap

I LOVE making soap.  We women need to take care of ourselves and do a little pampering once in awhile.  Perhaps that is why I so love making homemade lip balms and lavender soap and now my newest creation Cranberry Fig Tri Colored Soap.

I first made a batch of soap using natural ingredients: palm oil, coconut oil, olive oil, palm kernel flakes, almond oil, fragrance, and of course the dye that makes the colors....to get a big fat, juicy, fantastic bar of soap.

I greatly enjoyed getting to use my brand new soap mold....and I have to say that there will never be a time I stray from freezer paper...which by the way....is hard to find!

This batch of soap made a five lb loaf of soap...now that's a bar of soap!



 Because the process of soap making this time involved a funnel and separating the batch of soap into three different colors, this by far will probably be my most difficult soap I have made so far...but the results make me want to try it again.....I can't wait to be able for you to experience it as well!

My lavender soap and lip balm are now available for sale....see my facebook page Homemade Soap Suds which will give you the prices.  My cranberry fig sale will be ready to offer to you in four more weeks! Have a GREAT day!

For a complete guide to soap making...I get all supplies from www.brambleberry.com which is where I got this particular recipe.  I also have a quick tutorial on soap making at the link http://jme71-loudsilence.blogspot.com/2011/11/cold-process-soap-making.html and another link at http://jme71-loudsilence.blogspot.com/2012/01/homemade-lavender-soap.html  I can't wait to try a new gardeners soap soon! Have a marvelous day!










2 comments:

  1. I have yet to try making cold process soap. I've always been afraid of burning myself with the lye so I've stuck with glycerin for now. I would love for you to share this at my new linky party:
    http://creatingyourhome.blogspot.com/2012/01/make-it-yourself-mondays-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is nice. Cool colors also. Take care, Linda

    http://twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete