About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, January 6, 2012

Homemade Furniture Polish

Well, as each day passes I feel that I'm getting closer to my "prairie self".  At times it scares me...I must be getting old.  It used to fascinate me to get new clothes, new shoes...don't get me wrong I do love my Vera's but as each day goes by I want to try more and more things....for the house and if I can make it myself the better???? I think I'm turning into my Mom????

Anyway, a couple of months ago I got online to find some recipes for a furniture polish...they seemed to have more vinegar in them than anything...and I know I'm weird but I do NOT like my house to smell like vinegar....so I found this wonderful website called mrsjonessoapbox.com  Feel free to stop by there at any time.  I bought her scrub and her furniture polish.  Well, I do like it and it worked well....but I just wondered if I could make some myself????? So I got on the internet, and scoped out my blogging friends and whipped up a recipe that I adore and am pretty sure its pretty close to the one I bought from mrs jones.  Here it is:

4 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tbls water
2 tsp olive oil

It worked great...smells nice and I can keep it around.  Some of the other furniture polishes wanted me to make it up fresh each and every time...that is NOT going to happen.  I hate dusting....seriously...so when I finally make up my mind to do it I'm NOT going to say..."oh let me squeeze a couple of lemons before I dust today!" So, enjoy your homemade awesome polish without the harsh chemicals and enjoy the SAVINGS!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to try this! I'm also put off by the vinegar homemades. Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete