About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Homemade Lavender Soap

I have posted in another tutorial about how to make my soap.  I won't bore you with the details again but if you are interested you can always look at that post...the link is here http://jme71-loudsilence.blogspot.com/2011/11/cold-process-soap-making.html

For this batch I made I wanted to share a few tips that I learned that I just wanted to share.  First of all I found a new soap distributor that I am soo please with http://www.brambleberry.com/ they are truly wonderful!  I also learned that having your lye water at 125 degrees is a great temp and my soap turned out glorious when I combined the lye water and the fats together!

I also was able to find a place that would sell lavender by the pound! That was glorious! I also just loved being able to have a mold that made my soap bars look so fantastic!  Also a new tip that I learned is to spray 91 percent rubbing alcohol on top of my soaps when I am finished pouring that way there are no bubbles.  I'm looking forward to doing a new type of soap next week with three different colors in it! I'm also going to start selling my products here locally since when I gave some away for Christmas presents I already have people coming back for more! So we will see where this goes! Have a GREAT day! and here are just a few pics that I love...I adore making soap...not to many more homemade products that I make give me as much joy!










4 comments:

  1. Great looking soap! I can't seem to get the link to your previous soap post to work. Would really like to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fixed the link...sorry about that!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the scent of lavender. Recipe is great. I like it.
    Dr. Bronner's Lavender Soap

    ReplyDelete