About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Homemade Lip Balm

Hope you all had a great weekend! I for one did until...yesterday...I woke up with my head splitting and my leg hurting and today...my head is still throbbing but not splitting.  I did however accomplish some organizing goals and managed to make my own lip balm....which I ADORE!

I will be having some of my friends test it to see how they like it...I used beeswax, coconut oil and honey with some essential oil that can be used on body products...its important that you don't use essential oils that are made for candles in your soap and beauty products....not a good idea!

Hope you all have a GREAT day...this week I will be making a tri colored soap and a different lip balm!

 You could use lipstick to color it...but I like the white look to it!

1 comment:

  1. Where did you get those cute little tins for your lip balm? I would love to know your recipe for the lip balm as well. I made some a while back, but it called for aloe vera, vaseline and coconut oil. Yours sounds much better:o) Just found your blog and thinks it's pretty awesome. I have been thinking about getting into soap making, but wasn't sure if it would be worth the investment. It seems like you really love doing it. Thanks for sharing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete