About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Ribbon Trees

I of course saw this on Pinterest and did a wreath and now I finally decided that I better get a move on in getting these ready for our store for Valentines Day because if I didn't do it soon there would be no point to it! I have always loved topiary trees...if you don't believe me ask my college roomie...she will tell you for SURE! Anyway, very simple to make...for the tutorial on that you can look at my previous post http://jme71-loudsilence.blogspot.com/2012/01/ribbon-wreath.html

The ribbon wreath to me took much longer (obviously) and this one was a bit more fun.  I took two plain clay pots and spray painted...I wanted them pink because I will probably use the same pots for Easter in my store and buy new trees and then for 4th of July change them up entirely.  To me...its something cute that will "fit" in our store without looking cheesy.  I purchased from Hobby Lobby the foam trees that had everything connected.  I don't work well with foam bases and then getting the rod to go in and fitting the foam ball on...I'm very glad that they invented these....

I then wrapped ribbon around the pole and then used my hot glue gun to put the moss on.  I used straight pins to put the ribbon on the tree...I like that better than hot glue and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.  I have one more to complete for tomorrow!



freckled laundry
Dear Lillie's Valentine's Link Party

3 comments:

  1. very pretty!!! would love for you to share with us at my Valentine link up:
    http://www.summitstreetjoy.com/2012/01/handmade-valentines-day-crafts-and.html
    blessings,
    lauren

    ReplyDelete