About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Coffee Soap with Shredded Loofah


In all of the things that I make in the kitchen as of late....my soap is the most satisfying.....it is right up there with my homemade bread...you know, when it comes out so perfect you don't want anyone to eat it...you just want to photograph it and stare at it??? No one else ever feels that way???

Well, with each batch soap I make I get a bit more excited at being able to accomplish each step....I have a lot of help from www.soapqueen.com and www.brambleberry.com   I would be very lost without them...but I so enjoy making products that I can give as wonderful gifts and sell to my friends and also enjoy for myself and my family.  To see my first post on soap making go to http://jme71-loudsilence.blogspot.com/2011/11/cold-process-soap-making.html 

As I continue using my own soap I'm amazed at how I don't need as much lotion as I used to....this soap I made yesterday and cut up today is one of my most luxurious soaps...I truly can't wait till it cures in four week and I can use it.

This soap was made with the following ingredients: Sweet Almond Oil, Coconut Oil, Mango Butter, Olive Oil, Palm Oil, Palm Kernel Flakes, Sodium Hydroxide, Ground Coffee, Shredded Loofah and orange, cinnamon leaf and patchouli fragrance! I am again, in love with this soap!

I can't even tell you how much I love this 5lb soap mold


I love the look of the shredded loofah on top!



Have a GREAT day!












4 comments:

  1. I love making my own body products but yet to make soap. I thought you needed lye and cooking and such. Is this just melting ingredients together. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricia, thanks for your comment!Yes, the sodium hydroxide is another name for lye. I add the lye water to the fats and separated the soap into two different batches adding the coffee to one and the shredded loofah to the other. There is melt and pour soap that is also fun to do where you don't have to use lye because its already been done. I have more links to making soap that I will repost in this post! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is fabulous! I make plain bath soap but have not added loofah or coffee.... what a great look it gives. I have put oatmeal in my soap ~ gave it a nice, scrubby texture.

    Love the pics! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quite honestly looks good enough to eat. You should feel so accomplished, soap making is time consuming, but oh so worth it.... just like a lot of things in life! Great post and great job! Jules

    ReplyDelete