About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Gardners Soap

I know spring is a long way away...but hard to remember with temps in the 60's and its February??? CRAZY!  So, today....has been very stressful for lots of reasons...and what soothes my soul is making soap...sounds crazy but its true.  I had my praise music crankin and my yummo smelling soap going!


My Mom bought this adorable soap tray for me and I love it! The soap that I made today was a mixture of three different soaps and two exfoliates and three fragrances.  Put all together this is one AMAZING smelling soap...seriously! I get excited just thinking about it!

The ingredients are as follows: Shea butter, walnut seeds, fresh zuchini flower  fragrance, green liquid drops for color, Goats milk, sweet grass fragrance, glycerin, loofah, and grass stain fragrance.  It's a scrubby soap with amazing texture and glorious fragrance! Its ready for sell immediately...next week I will be making another gardeners soap with blue pumice and that soap will take four weeks before I'm able to sell it..but with spring being WAY around the corner I think that that will work out JUST fine! It is lovely to keep having warm thoughts about warm sunny days though:)

For more information I get all my supplies from www.brambleberry.com which is where I got this particular recipe.  They have GREAT ideas.  For my original post on making soap you can go to the link  http://jme71-loudsilence.blogspot.com/2011/11/cold-process-soap-making.html 
I also have another link to a new soap I did not long ago that I LOVE http://www.jme71-loudsilence.blogspot.com/2012/01/cranberry-fig-tri-colored-soap.html
As always, there is no better place for soap making ideas and soap recipes than www.soapqueen.com.  If I could I would sit on that site ALL day! Have a wonderful soap making DAY!






freckled laundry


2 comments:

  1. Your soaps are lovely. I would love to give soap making a try sometime too! Im your newest follower, can't wait to see what else you have in store :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree soapmaking is something that I really enjoy doing while cooped indoors. My most recent experiment was shaving soap! I can't wait until it's done curing to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete