About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Homemade Playdoh Valentines

As a homeschool Mom there are some things I DO NOT miss...and having to buy party supplies constantly is one of them...however, my dear little E still enjoys giving things to her friends.  We sometimes have homeschool parties with our coop...but this year...it didn't happen.  So, she still wanted to give things to her friends...I am TIRED of the little candy attached to the card or what have you and my E can't have hardly any candy...pretty much every candy has corn in it...which she CAN NOT have!

So, we decided (that means me) to make homemade playdoh...my E helped me mix and then she got to choose the two colors that she would use for her friends for Awana cubbies.

Here is the recipe:
2 cups flour
1 cup salt
2 cups water
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp cream of tartar

I just add all ingredients to a sauce pan and keep stirring until it start kinda pulling from the side...then I know its done.  Then I take it and separate it into the different colors I want to make....this will be a little warm at first so my E had to wait for a moment.  Then she and her 12 yr old brother got to work and mashed them all in.  Pretty pleased with how cute they turned out.  Enjoyed making them all together...and she learned how to give....I so loved watching her write her little name....so sweet!
This is what it looks like right out of the sauce pan


I found the cookie cutters at the dollar tree...could not find them anywhere else!

T

My E decided on purple and green playdoh


She worked very hard on writing her name...she is only four

STuffing them in envelopes is hard as well:)




All ready to go!



Hope the boys don't mind princess:)
Have a wonderful Valentines Day!
Positively Splendid

No comments:

Post a Comment