About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Magma Soap CP and MP

This was a very different soap for me to make.  As with all soaps I make here lately there were good things and there were bad things that happened.  First this was a fast moving trace and after fragrance was put in the black color soap really thickened up on me so that I was not able to make the swirls on the top that I wanted to make.  Second, I was using a melt and pour soap along with the Cold process which was a very unique idea given to me by www.soapqueen.com  who truly is THE QUEEN!  After I poured everything in I was told to put the soap in the fridge for two hours so that the MP would not be melted by the CP...very interesting!

When cutting it up I loved the unique look of the soap and the fragrance is AMAZING!

The ingredients of this soap: Castor Oil, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Palm Oil, Clear MP, Sodium Hydroxide, Activated Charcoal (for color) Super Pearly White Mica, Electric Bubble Gum Colorant and Moroccan Mint Fragrance, Spearmint Ess Oil, Energy Fragrance Oil...truly a calming and wonderful scent!

Doesn't look pretty to start eh?









This will be the last soap that will be ready for craft fair...however, this coming week I will be making three new soap...or the next week?? One will be a face soap, the other a shampoo bar and the last one will be a new technique that I may or may not be able to accomplish!

Have a GREAT smelling day!




No comments:

Post a Comment