About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Rain, Rain, Rain

My Dad is recovering from a heart attack...my sister is getting ready for chemo and radiation for breast cancer, my grandmother just passed away and my mother in law as well.  To say we are in the midst of a storm would be an understatement.

Last night in my devotions I read the following verse:

The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.  He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.  He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Isa 40:28-29

There seems to be so many people around me struggling...my dear friend who is battling cancer, my sister, our youth pastor is struggling with health problems....so much hardship...so much worry...I seem to cry at the drop of a hat lately...and just so you know I don't cry easily.

The other day...the song came on "I'll fly away" my E and I twirled...and I thought of my mother n law...in heaven...running and dancing and with her family and husband that have gone on before her that she is no reunited with..and I wondered..."Why does our life here have to be so hard?"  Then, I looked down at the face of my E who was smiling and laughing and I took a picture in my mind...and I remembered to count the blessings instead of the difficulties...to focus on the amazing gifts God gives us every day.  We are NOT alone...even though we at times feel like it.

Walking in the mall the other day I saw a cute sight that made me smile..and was thankful that God allowed that adorable sight for my eyes to behold...and I counted the gifts:

Picture a sweet little girl with long brown curly hair in a shoe store trying on the highest heels she could possibly find in the two brightest colors one can imagine and trying these mismatched shoes on and then with the biggest smile she could possibly muster she calls to her Mother who declares how beautiful she is with a smile.

Gifts to get us through the day are all around us...we just don't see them because we focus on so much of the negative...when I say "we" I mean "me" as well....

So, as it continues to rain outside and in your soul as well it seems...press on, look around...He gives us "gifts" to make it through even the harshest of days!

May His name be praised!

No comments:

Post a Comment