About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Completed Cubbies

We have issues...I'm aware of this...I'm so tired of bags being hung from several little hangers by the door throughout the house...tired of shoes being thrown in buckets, tired of bags being thrown on the floor.  I have wanted cubbies for each of the kids...but wondered where oh where do I put it??

Finally I decided that the front entryway...that has A LOT going WRONG for it was the place to be...the space is strange...it has a huge vent that can't be covered...and seems to just not flow properly within the house...so finally after four years of HATING this space and trying to do a MILLION things with it and it ALL failing....I found Pinterest! Then I found what I was looking for...but my hubby makes beautiful jewelry and can play the guitar beautifully but he is not handy...he will even admit this.  So, one of my dear friends said her hubby could do it...and he did a GORGEOUS JOB on it!

All I had to do today was paint it! So, it still needs hooks....trying to decide on that and I will probably buy another basket for each cubbie but its done:)







Someone wanted to be included:)





I spent an hour last night with the paint guy at Home Depot trying to find the right shade of green.  When I started I was going to paint the whole thing....then I was going to do all cubbies and then decided that I would just do the main cubbies...anyway, just have to now put the perfect hooks in! Also have to get more baskets....accessories on top were just around the house!!! LOVE this space now!

Have a GREAT day!



http://raisinghomemakers.com/2010/new-homemaking-link-up-share-your-own/http://missmustardseed.com/category/furniture-feature-friday/





Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

7 comments:

  1. That is seriously amazing! I love the beadboard in the back and the color green that you chose. It is a great piece and I'm sure you'll enjoy having it. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I love the fresh green color, and the white just makes it pop. I also love the saying above the cubbies. So true...gotta love a child's laugh!

    Melissa
    redflycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful! I need neighbors like yours! I love the colors, they are so bright and happy! Thanks for sharing your project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE this! The color is amazing! I would love it if you would share this at my link party!

    http://herecomesthesun-kelly.blogspot.com/2012/04/fabulous-friday-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how this cubby turned out! Love the paint colors you chose! I featured you today!

    http://craptastickatie.blogspot.com/2012/04/five-feature-friday-31.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO cool! What a great idea and you did a fabulous job!
    Glad I found you on Crafty Texas Girls, Cowgirl Up!!
    I am now a follower.
    Come by and check out my blog if you get a chance!
    Lisa H.
    lisastuf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete