About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Growth Chart

So a HUNDRED years ago I set out to make this....two deaths in the family, a heart attack for my Dad and some serious JUNK going on and...I'm BACK!

I have wanted one of these forever and Pottery Barn quit making them (plus they were ummm...$130) then I saw them being offered on another website that I loved for around $80...and seriously.....I just couldn't do it....so I went to Home Depot....bought the board....and then bought stain I used Golden Oak.  I bought stenciled numbers and my grand total came to $12! YES!!!!!

So, after I stained the board and put two coats of stain on it I was ready to go!

I used the tape measure and marked off every inch.

Can you tell my child was annoying me???
After I marked everything off it was time to bring out my sharpie:)

Do you love how I get my new cubbies in every shot?!
She was SOOO excited!
He just has to ACT like he doesn't care!

I just might need a BIGGER chart!  You can adjust the height based on how high you want it off the floor.  I am not hanging mine because its in a place we don't travel through so it will be fine...but just adjust off the floor as you please!

Pretty easy project and fun and best of all...saved me A TON:)

Have a GREAT day!












Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special


2 comments:

  1. Awesome job! And you saved so much by doing it yourself, its almost like you got it for 91% off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet is that?!
    Not to mention... you don't have to mark it, you can just take a snap shot to document.
    I bet it's fun not just for your kids, but for their friends, and for parties...
    Oh,this would be a great present for someone with kids or having a baby... I'm so glad I saw this.
    You could even use plywood to make several-- YES! I can make these for my grown kids to use with their children... the plywood can be cut right there at the hardware store too.

    You are a genius...and I'm your newest follower.
    (i follow all the genii...Is that plural for genius?)

    -Pat

    ReplyDelete