About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Cake Pop Trial Run

My oldest stepdaughter is graduating from high school and like most step mom's, finding where you fit is a difficult place to be.  So, there were a few things I was asked to do for this party...rent the room, decide the tables and do some decorating and most def do the CAKE POPS! So, I have avoided this for as long as possible but knew if I didn't do a trial run I would regret it!

So here is the recipe that I used:

Chocolate Cake
1 3/4 cup flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup boiling water


After you throw all those ingredients in your trusty KitchenAid then its time to put them into your good ol Cake pop maker! Don't have one you say???? It's worth the 19.99 for the huge amount of time it will SAVE you...especially if you are like me and have 200 cake pops to do!

The only negative thing I can say about it is that it has the world's SHORTEST cord...other than that we became BEST BUDS!

The directions said to NOT fill all the way.....I did NOT obey because when I did they were mini....so I filled er up BABY!

Then I took the popsicle stick and dipped the end in the melted choc and then put the cake pop on the end! Worked out LOVERLY!

Then because I wanted to save a whole $3.99 I neglected to buy the amazing thinger m bobber at Hobby Lobby that will hold these bad boys while you ice them and I had NO styrofoam lying around so I used rice...by the way you can buy rice at Sam's in HUGE bag for next to NOTHING...vinegar to...but that's not for this post!

I then put in the fridge for 25 minutes...then I iced them...and I think for a trial run they came out just gorgeous!

For actual party day I have several terra cotta pots drying in turqoise color and will embellish with tulle white ribbon and mix in chocolate flowers in whites and yellows.  I will also have clear baggies over them with Thank You tags! I will show plenty of pics!

I did go and buy the holder at HObby Lobby and I found that making a bunch and just letting them cool without the hassle of the fridge worked perfectly fine as well! If I were to do that many again I would buy two of the holders...that would have been WELL WORTH IT!

 Also, on a completely random thought....I grew these flowers this year and think they are the MOST amazing and interesting flowers EVER! Plus I can NOT get over how great of a camera this IPhone has?! CRAZY!



Lessons Learned:
1.  I ate two without blinking...pretty sure that 1 a piece isn't going to do it....prob should make 300
2.  I need WAY more chocolate than I bought.
3.  I am going to go buy the cardboard item that holds a hundred cake pops while you ice them....that would be GREAT!

Have a GREAT day!

 Weekend Bloggy Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment