About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, June 18, 2012

Chai Latte Tea Soap and Pink Sparkle Soap

A busy weekend for sure...but a good one! Painting projects continue, Father's Day was fun!

My husbands daughters with my Ellie and Trey
I made their favorite....Hot chicken Buffalo Sandwiches and homemade chocolate cake!

I also made two new soaps which I am thrilled with!

Introducing my new Pink Sparkle! It was a lengthy process of a color graduation where each layer was slightly darker than the top...I got a little carried away with the top color but I still think it turned out very well! The fragrance is Fresh Snow...smells quite yummy!

The ingredients in the soap include: Olive Oil, Coconut OIl, Palm Oil, Palm Kernel Flakes, Almond Oil, Mango Butter, Sodium Hydroxide, Magenta Labcolor fully diluted, and this time I did put a teeny tiny bit of a preservative to preserve the color I believe...Germaben II, Fine Iridescent Glitter, and Fresh Snow Fragrance.

I really enjoyed the process of making this soap...you had time between layers because you needed a thick trace. The fragrance worked really well with the soap and using a spatula for each layer helped with not breaking through all the way...of course being handmade soap there are a few imperfections but I am quite pleased with it!

The next soap was a favorite and one that I will make today because its such a very small batch when you make it...it is time consuming but I was able to make some Tea Tree Shampoo bars during the "wait process" which didn't make it FEEL as long AT all!

Chai Latte Love Soap....I absolutely adore all of its cuteness!  I used a Chai Tea Cybilla fragrance which smells absolutely DIVINE!

This is a two step process where you make the soap twice.  It involves cooling the second lye mixture in the fridge when you make the tops of the Chai Tea....I am going to make them again today because they are so adorable and I really think they will be a hit! It will be better to have eight "drinks" to have for people rather than just four.

The recipe includes the following ingredients:  Palm Oil, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Cocoa Butter, Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, and I did use some Titanium Dioxide to make the tops whiter.  I did not put the fragrance in the tops because they will discolor...other than that...came out ADORABLE....I sprinkled cinnamon on tops of "cream"  I did have to use the stick blender for the tops for awhile to make them as "fluffy" as I could!

I think they are ADORABLE! That is my humble opinion though:)





Have a GREAT smelling DAY!



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete