About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, June 4, 2012

Making Yogurt

I bought my little yogurt machine a year ago....and like most people I said I would get around to learning how to use it ONE day...well baby, that day was TODAY!

I'm sooo sick of spending so much on yogurt! I so tired of all the junk they put in our yogurt and I just knew it had to be easier.

So, here is my little baby:)

To purchase your own go to this link here...http://www.amazon.com/Cuisipro-Donvier-Electronic-Yogurt-Maker/dp/B0000DE4TY/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1338871601&sr=8-8  

I just have to say that I was so tired of spending so much money on yogurt and for the price the savings is clear!

It takes one quart of milk and one to two tablespoons of plain yogurt to make this batch.  I then let the milk cool to the desired temp stirred in the yogurt, then added the mixture to the cups as evenly as possible.  I turned the yogurt maker on for ten hours and they are now in the fridge cooling. 

The kids are excited about it and I plan on making up some granola for stir ins and for now we have fresh fruit that can be added..even chocolate chips if they want! We do normally use skim milk and that makes the yogurt a little thinner so for the next batch I will be buying the two percent milk.


So, here is one last look.....

Now, think of it as the crockpot of your dairy products! Have a GREAT day!

3 comments:

  1. Do you know if raw milk would act/be used the same way? Or is there different methods when using raw milk? I guess I could google...ugghh its 3am not a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristina, I will tell you that there were instructions included for using raw milk. When looking at the instructions it looks like they just wanted you to boil the raw milk for several minutes before you cool it down. Other than that it looks like you would be good to go!

      Delete