About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tea Tree Shampoo Bars

I made these previously and they really went over well! I put them in the baskets of the graduating guy Seniors and they even came up to me and told me how much they enjoyed them.

Tea Tree is an essential oil that has some healing aspects to it and for that I do have some people asking me for them...so I HAD to make them asap!

When I make these I do have to make sure that the lye and the oils are around 100 degrees...otherwise they can kinda break up and that is NOT pretty...this is the third time I've made them and I FINALLY pulled it off well.  They take a little over the full 24 hours to set up...its pretty soft when you cut it...then they cure for about four weeks!

I also have regular shampoo bars that are curing right now but I have had several requests for these!

This soap included the following ingredients: Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Castor Oil, Olive Oil, Sodium Hydroxide and Tea Tree Essential Oil.

Have a GREAT smelling day!

No comments:

Post a Comment