About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Dresser Remade

I was able to go and get the last bit of furniture to redo from Grandma's house.  I had two other pieces that I painted with just the grey paint and clear wax so I was a wee bit nervous on tackling this dresser.  These pieces mean a lot to the family so I had to come through :) It has a mirror that also goes on top....but it would NOT fit in the minivan...I just couldn't wait till tomorrow...I HAD to paint it TODAY!

This time I was a little braver!

I was soo excited and scared at the same time!

Here is how it started....

Step ONE

I first painted a layer of the Antique Grey on first

Then I decided to use a second coat of paint and used the off white and accented it in certain places...this just strictly depends on the piece you are working on and where you want to embellish.

Then I did a little bit of distressing

Then I used a clear wax and then followed up with the dark wax....this part was a little scary for me...

and here are a few more pics....














My E was asking where her MIRROR was so I will be getting that tomorrow and then I will give you shots of her room! This piece was a lot of fun to paint...even though it took three hours:)











Furniture Feature FridaysThe Shabby Nest Weekend Bloggy Readinga-wise-woman-builds-her-home

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!!
    I working right now on a custom one for a client - very similar to this - except they wanted it very light -
    Yours turned out beautiful
    I'm your newest follower - would love to have you visit and follow back
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great transformation... I've yet to try chalk paint it looks so fun to work with! Thanks for sharing this with the FFBH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly understand about 'coming through' for the family where *heirlooms* are concerned, I've inherited quite a bit of furniture myself all of which needs to be re-done. We are hard on our furniture. I want to do it tastefully...
    I hope your family appreciates your hard work and time spent on these pieces.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning. I am hosting a Giveaway to win a 50 dollar gift card to the store HomeGoods. It would be great if you stopped by and entered. Thanks Anu

    ReplyDelete