About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Hawaiian Chicken

As the days grow hotter it seems the need to turn on the oven finds me using my crockpot more and more!

So, here's a healthy dish that my whole family LOVES! Even my pickiest eaters!

This recipe can be found in my Don't Panic Dinner's in the Freezer Book...which by the way....that is another GREAT way to save money and eat much better! I find that when life has me frazzled that I turn to the big "Golden Arches".

So here is the recipe...you can make it up now and double it and put one in the freezer if you like...or NOT:)

6 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
2-16 oz can pineapple slices, drained ( I just use the 20 oz can)
2-15 oz cans mandarin oranges, drained (I just use one that is just me though)
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 t salt
1 t ground ginger
1/2 t ground red pepper

I put chicken in crockpot and then stir the ingredients and pour on top.  I put on High for five hours.  I also have a rice cooker and serve with brown rice! It's yummy and its pretty good for you!

Have a SUPER day! Don't MELT!

1 comment: