About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Peaches and Zucchini

Today was a GREAT Sunday! Church was wonderful and then we made our way to Petco...AGAIN!  I did ask if it was possible if they just keep a sheet on file for me each time I come in....(I don't think they thought that was funny:(  )  ANYWAY, its great fun to bring in a dead Hermit Crab...but this time....Ellie hit the JACKPOT....only if you know that my E adores mermaids....ADORES....and LOOKIE what they had..just for my E


She decided to call Hermit Crab #4 Aerial...and truly I hope this one makes it!

and she is in LOVE again:)
I had a LOVELY nap and then was READY to go!

I first tackled Peach Freezer Jam...seriously....so easy...get a box of Pectin and follow the directions...you CANNOT mess it up! Well, maybe...but it would be a feat!

When the snow is blowing nothing makes me happier than a hot biscuit and some jam!
Then I tried a new recipe for Peach muffins and they are VERY good!

I knew they would be good if they already looked this yummy BEFORE baking!
Seriously ! YUMMO!

Here is the recipe!

1/2 c margarine
3/4 sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 c all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanialla
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 cup chopped peach either fresh, frozen or canned
1 c chopped pecans....I'm not a fan so I opted out

Blend all ingredients in your trusty KitchenAid...I'm so in love with that thing! THEN bake for 20 min at 400 degrees! ENJOY the absolute yumminess!!!

My mother also brought me some zucchinis so I decided to make some bread as well!

3 c plain flour
1/12 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 eggs
2 c sugar
1 cup cooking oil
1 T vanilla
2 cup grated, unpared zucchini
1/2 cup nuts....again, I hate nuts...so I never include this

BLEND all ingredients together...in the you know what! and then put in oven at 350 for one hour....my bread is done in 45 min so I would check it!

Have a GREAT rest of your weekend!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment