About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Repainting of sewing machine

I have had this piece for three years....and it has always BUGGED me! Finally I was brave enough to PAINT it!

So here is the before:

I'm sure to some of you you like this look and I can't say I blame you...after all...its natural and probably how it started out....but....I don't like it :(

So I used my good ol Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Antique White...

As crazy as it may sound...I really didn't like it at this point...really didn't like it...but I kept going....

ahhhh....starting to like it after some distressing


and still more distressing.  I like the way the chalk paint distresses...I love it...the missing details are now able to be seen more clearly!

all done and all pretty! However, I have more pictures taken with my GOOD camera....I do love Instagram though!

all ready at the top of our second floor landing



I left the handles untouched I love how they say Singer

I love how the details pop now!






Closer view of the distressing



I really like how great of storage it is for games etc!
Have a GREAT day!

Furniture Feature Fridays


Weekend Bloggy Reading

3 comments:

  1. This is an adorable change!I've yet to try the chalk paint... but I've got a few pieces I think it would be great on! Nice job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo pretty. GREAT MAKEOVER. Now I'll be looking for an old tredle sewing machine, so I can paint er up.
    Now following you from PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com. Please come visit me and maybe you'll just decide to follow back.
    THANKS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I really like this! Very creative.. great work!! :)

    Your newest follower,
    Jessica @ Nouvelle Vie Furniture

    ReplyDelete