About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, August 4, 2012

5K Run

I haven't ran a 5K since last October when I injured myself in a very "weird" situation.  I did not fall, and did not twist...my leg just plain gave out...and I had a hairline fracture in my femur.  My doctor was stunned, confused....and we are just now beginning to figure out what happened....its very possible that I have one leg shorter than the other....I won't dive into that whole "circus" feeling that its giving me right now...just to say...that could answer some questions!

Last night was a million degrees out...and so humid you could cut it with a knife.  However, I finished...and no emergency room this time.  I ran alone....some of my friends were behind me and many were in front of me...but I finished and I'm very happy.

My time was not great but since I just started running again I was fine with that.  I finished 16 in my age division out of 25 in my age group.  I was 233 out of 441 runners...again, certainly not a RECORD but I did walk a couple of times during the event...my goal was to finish and to finish strong.  My goal was to push myself and my knee held...and I was soo happy!

Before the run!
After the run! I've never been able to take an after before!

My son placed 4th in his age group with a great PR for himself.  I just was happy to finish and run in front of all of those people without throwing up! I plan on now training for a 10K in November and might run a 5K in October! However, happy to be running again and thankful that my legs are able to carry me:)

May His name be praised!

No comments:

Post a Comment