About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Apple Butter

I'm sure that I have shared this recipe before but thought that I would post it again! It's the BEST...in my humble opinion and its my Mother's recipe!

12 c Jonathan apples, peeled

Put in slow cooker for 7 hours on High.  The last 1 1/2 hours add:
4 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp ground cloves
3 tsp cinnamon

Ladle in jars and listen for the sweet pop of cans being sealed!

Enjoy! Your house will smell DIVINE!


Going tonight to watch the Royals play! As we celebrate the official END of summer! Have a GREAT day!

1 comment:

  1. What?!
    Summer's over? Already?!

    This Apple butter looks so good and sounds so easy. I don't get much in the way of fresh apples. I'd have to go to Dallas Farmer's Market to get some good ones. I wouldn't want to make this with just anything from WM...you know?
    But, I am hoping to get some pears pretty soon. So do you think this recipe would work for Pear Butter?
    I'm going to Pin in to my recipe board!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete