About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

FrankenSage Soap

This is our last week before the insanity of the fall schedule begins...pool and summer stuff being packed up this week.  School Room being organized and cleaned up and fall decor being put out at home and store...AND making a lot of soap this week and baking and cooking....to prepare for next week.

We do a "trial run" in our home to work out any "kinks" we might have before we do our "real" week of school after Labor Day.  In case your wondering my children do NOT have sick days nor do they get snow days or half days like their friends going to traditional school do...PLUS they have to finish ALL their books! So, don't be too jealous....it all works out in the end!

So, with all this cooler weather and looking forward to fall had me in the mood for Halloween!

So, this soap is my original recipe which includes: Coconut Oil, Beeswax, Olive Oil, Fats, Sodium Hydroxide and Sage and Lemongrass EO.  I did two different types of swirl techniques.  I did column swirl on the body of the soap and did a pretty dream catcher swirl on the top.  I think they turned out awesome! and they SMELL wonderful!

Colors used plus activated charcoal

Freshly Poured

The "log"
Gorgeous colors and I LOVE the cuts!


Have a GREAT smelling day! FrankenSage will be ready in TWO weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment