About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

When God says No

Growing up I learned to work hard for everything I had.  Absolutely nothing I had came easily...nothing.  I was the kid that worked like crazy for B's, worked like crazy to get on the cheerleading team, worked like crazy for everything I accomplished.  NOTHING came easy...nothing....! As an adult I feel kind of sorry for those that things come easily...what do they do when they learn that life is hard?  I say that to my kids all the time..."Life is hard! Get OVER it!"

Going through difficult times and being able to keep your chin up is half the battle.  I find myself gritting my teeth as if I'm going through an exercise and NOT enjoying the moment of the battle...can you enjoy the moment of the battle? Can you sit there and ENJOY the pain of the event?

So many times we as christians pray and pray (as we should) and ask God for a blessing, for our business to do better, for my husband to be healed, for a house to sell, for leading our family, for sparing my Dad, my sister, for saving my Grandma...WHATEVER it may be! When God says YES we all say "Thank you Lord, thank you Lord!" Isn't God GOOD! However, what do we say when he says no....when you don't pass that test you studied so hard for, when you don't make cheerleading, when your husband dies, when your sister has breast cancer, when you can't find friends, when your child doesn't get a scholarship, when your child doesn't walk with God, when your finances shrink....what do you do when God says no to those things? How strong of a christian are you then?

John 16:33" I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart! I have overcome the world."

I would like to say thank you to those of you that encouraged me this past Sunday marking the tenth anniversary of my husband's death....I love you all and miss you guys! Thanks for your prayers and concerns! Trey has been very angry this week so I know he's still dealing with a lot...your continued prayers are greatly appreciated!

May His name be praised!

No comments:

Post a Comment