About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Lightening Bolt Soap

Yes, I think that's the name that I'm going to keep with this soap.  This soap was interesting to do.  I used two cardboard dividers...but as far as this week has gone...its been difficult...even in my soapmaking.  My brown color accelerated trace VERY quickly and the other two colors performed beautifully.  So, the brown didn't flow as well as the other colors.

The fragrance of the soap was three different fragrances and they blended oh so well.  This idea I got from SoapQueen which is where a lot of my ideas come from but lately many of the soap creations I have been making are my own.

Here are some pictures of the "just poured"


I wasn't completely impressed with myself but not TOO bad!

and here they are on cutting day!





I am 90 percent happy with the bars...the perfection side of me is annoyed with the "bolt" but I will try again and it will come out perfect.  Cutting the bars up horizontally made the bars look so much better than just the normal cut.

These are very rich bars which will be oh so wonderful for use in the shower!

Ingredients include: Canola Oil, Cocoa Butter, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Palm Oil, Palm Kernel Flakes, Rice Bran Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Vanilla Bean Fragrance Oil, Island Coconut Fragrance Oil, Lime Fragrance Oil, Cappuccino Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Violet Oxide, Ultramarine Blue Oxide, Sunflower Oil and Lime LabColor

Have a GREAT smelling weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment