About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Applesauce

For the past two weeks my parents have been bringing down buckets of apples.  I have made two apple pies, one apple crisp and tons of apple butter.  I was looking at sixty more apples and I honestly didn't know what to do with it! SOOO, I found this recipe on Pinterest and decided to go for it!

It took about 30 apples per jar.  I decided to get the half gallon jars. I first cut the apples up.


 I then added an inch of water to the bottom of the pan and a couple tablespoons of lemon juice.  I let them get soft and then used my handheld blender. During this time I had my lids boiling and my clean sterile jars waiting.

I then poured the hot mixture in and added vanilla about four teaspoons for my jars...you can add more or less if you want.  We personally like our applesauce a little chunky.


I kept going until I was done...probably all in all it took about two hours.  I added no sugar...my apples were sweet enough.  Enjoy!


Have a GREAT day!

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful!
    I've made homemade applesauce before. It's so delicious.
    I wish I had apples to make some this year... I've been waiting for the neighbors pears to come on...but, I don't think that's going to happen this year.
    Never heard of putting vanilla in it. That's different.
    Looks YUMMIE! ~ Pat

    ReplyDelete