About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, October 22, 2012

Broccoli Cheese Soup

I have had a couple of you ask about this soup that I made so I wanted to post it for you! I know I wrote this post already but for the life of me I can NOT find it and figured it would be easier to redo than to keep looking so here goes!

1 cup carrot, finely chopped
1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
1/4 cup oinion, finely chopped
1/4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
1/2  cup fresh broccoli, cut in small pieces
1 3/4 cups chicken broth
2 cups milk
1/4 cup flour
1/2 t paprika
1/2 t salt
4 oz velveeta cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese (I think this is to strong so I now omit it, simply up to you!)

In stockpot, heat first 6 ingredients to boiling; reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.  Combine milk, flour, paprika, and salt in a bowl.  Add to broth mixture.  Cook until thick and bubbly.  Add cheese and stir until melted.

This is from my FAVORITE cookbook! Don't Panic Dinner's in the Freezer! BEST BOOK EVER!

Have a Super day!

No comments:

Post a Comment