About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Buffet

The repainting of the buffet was a bit longer than I had anticipated.  I used Old White Annie Sloan Chalk paint and followed up with a clear wax and then a dark wax.  The total time on this piece was over four hours...but I love it.  The family loved it as well as this piece belonged to my late mother n law.  I adore having it in my home!

BEFORE

It has LOTS of scratches and problems that are not able to be seen in this photo
After:





Have a LOVELY day!!!! More Pics!







 Now lets see what we can do THIS week!!!





a href="http://delightfulorder.blogspot.com">














7 comments:

  1. Hi! I love your buffet. It looks wonderful.
    I think it is wonderful to see people paint their old family pieces...especially when they have scratches and dings. Usually what happens is they 1.) get rid of it...'because it's ugly'
    2.) Argue "No...don't paint it. It will lose it's value" (when really it only has sentimental value)
    I say...paint it and enjoy it. Embrace it and remember the loved one it belonged to. That's how you live with old furniture.
    This buffet is gorgeous...and you've given me inspiration once again...to paint something and love it!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apprеciating thе time аnd effort you put іnto your site and in depth
    іnformatiоn you provide. It's nice to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same unwanteԁ
    rehashed informatiοn. Gгeat read! I've saved your site and I'm
    adding yоur RSS feeԁs to my Goοgle account.
    Feel free to surf my homepage - peepaa.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned our FaBuLoUs!! So glad you shared this beautiful project at our party!

    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this piece--it is gorgeous. Love it painted white! Pieces like this are always fun to own--but even more so when it has been in the family. Enjoy that lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love your buffet! What kind of paint and glaze did you use to get those lovely effects?
    It's just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint followed by a clear wax and then finished off with the dark wax. I love working with chalk paint!

    ReplyDelete