About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I sometimes eat CROW:)

Last week my dear boy who is 12 complained ALL week that he didn't feel well.  He had no fever, wasn't throwing up but didn't look to good.  I sent him to bed on day one...day two I made him do a little school. Day 3 I was irritated because he seemed to just be enjoying being LAZY a bit much! So, on day 3 I took him to the doctor which turned out to be a BIG disappointment for LOTS of reasons! The doctor first gave us an insult that he (the doctor) couldn't possibly have home schooled his son because his son was too smart.  I just sat there blinking my eyes and thankfully the good Lord closed my mouth...because for the first...maybe second time in my life...I could NOT form a thought! Plus I realized that anything I said would not convince him otherwise so why bother...but all weekend it bothered me! Did he think I just colored with him all day?  The doctor took a strep test and said that it came back fine....so we made our son go on a trip to visit his oldest sister four hours away....he didn't eat as much but we figured he indeed had the crummeys (is that a word?) but that he would be ok.  So, Monday he went to Scouts, I have assigned DOUBLE work all week to catch up, and Tuesdays he went to three home school classes...let just say we did our BEST to spread a disease we didn't know we had!!! 3:15 yesterday I get a phone call telling me that his strep test came back POSITIVE:(  So, I had to go get my son and tell him that yes indeed he was sick...blah blah blah blah blah.  He's on meds now and tonight the doctor informed me that he will no longer be contagious:) I'm sure everyone else is so happpy about that:)

I as a mother feel guilty just about all the time...am I doing the right thing? Perhaps I am to hard on my kids...did I really spend the time that I needed to with them...etc etc etc.

I'm involved in lots of things and spread myself to thin many times...but in the end...its ok to admit that you messed up (ok I did) and I should have listened and taken him seriously...but I am human and I do make mistakes....:)

This week I have a fall party to put together, a house to winterize, a ton of cooking to do, soap and candles to make....but someday...the house will be empty...the errands of running children around will be over...and I will have all day to run, and cook and do soap and candles...so...I take each day...and give extra kisses....and try and remember that the things I take for granted could be the LAST time that they do those things...My T's voice changed over night....my E may stop singing at the top of her lungs anywhere she is any day....remember....enjoy...embrace....and don't be afraid to say...HEY I messed up:)

Have a GREAT day!


I know with each passing day my children get closer to going away from me....my T will be the first to leave our home someday....I pray that I give him the wings to fly...but that he will always come back to HOME:)

2 comments:

  1. HA ha ha...sorry. Not funny...but, you made me spit my coke...when you said

    "I just sat there blinking my eyes and thankfully the good Lord closed my mouth...because for the first...maybe second time in my life...I could NOT form a thought! "

    As to the rest of your story... I've been there and done that thousand times over. I felt and feel the same way...AS I WANDER AIMLESS THROUGHOUT MY DAY. Sorry, I don't mean to sound hopeless. But I feel lost w/o my kiddos. The last one moved out 4 years ago! If it weren't for my grand kids...I'd be nuts for sure!
    Retirement Ain't all it's cracked up to be!

    Have a great week and enjoy those kids.
    (consider changing PCP... ? ) just suggestion. :)

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are in the middle of changing thanks as always for your welcomed comments:)

    ReplyDelete