About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, October 12, 2012

Mini Apple Pies and Buffalo Chicken Soup

I found this on Pinterest and thought I would give it a try!

The instructions are quite easy!

Here ya go!

First you use about 8 apples and you cut them up!

I mixed the apples with
12 tablespoons of flour
1 1 /2 cup of sugar
4 heaping teaspoons of cinnamon

Then I took out my four Pillsbury pie crusts and got to work!

The author had a great tip and it worked perfectly! Mason jar lids! Genius!


Then it was time to put them in the muffin tin!


You can already see their cuteness can't you?!

I have a confession to make....I am not a GREAT baker....no can I make pancakes well....so I do not have a lot of cookie cutters....I have now realized that I must invest in some mini fall ones as I will be making these next week for our fall party:)

So, I used teapots...cause yes, that's what i have???!!!

Add a small stick of butter and then put your adorable teapots...umhmmm...or FALL decorative pie crust on TOP!

Put in oven at 400 degrees for 18 to 22 minutes.  The author started checking on hers around ten minutes and I did the same:)


They were a big hit and so stinkin cute!

Then I ran across this recipe for Buffalo Chicken Soup and my family LOVED IT!

For more info you can go to http:joyfulhomemaking.com

Here is the quick scoop on the recipe.

1/4 cup butter
3 diced celery stick
1 large carrot diced
1 tablespoon dried minced onion
1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup milk
3 cups chicken broth
2 cups chicken, cooked and cupt up
1/4 buffalo sauce
3/4 cup cheddar cheese
1/4 cup instant brown rice (optional) I personally think without it the soup would be way too thin

Dice celery, carrot and if using fresh, the onion.  Melt butter in frying pan over medium heat and saute the vegetables for about five minutes.

Then add the flour and stir and coof for two more minutes

add the milk and broth slowly while stirring

Simmer for a couple of minutes then add the chicken dried onion instant rice and buffalo sauce.

Simmer for 5 minutes more, then add the cheese.

Stir it in and simmer about five more minutes.  Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.

If you like, top with sour cream, and serve with celery sticks.

from http://www.joyfulhomemaking.com

Have a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment