About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Determination Race 2012 5K

One year and one week later than date of injury and I have successfully put three 5K's behind me without injury.  Last year at this time I wasn't sure if I would ever run again.  I had never before experienced pain like that.  I was just getting into a sport that I enjoyed, just beginning the "runners high" and for no explainable reason...my leg...broke...  I had a choice to make...I could either quit and say I tried and it didn't work...or I could get up and go again.  I decided to get up and go again.  I decided that if God would allow my body to work again that I would do all that I could to take care of it.  So, I started strength training...one hour each week my body begs for mercy.  I decided to take yoga and one hour each week I learn to laugh at myself at how unbelievably strange the left side of my body is, and I run...and each lap around the track after mile 2 my body begs to stop...but I don't...and yesterday...the fear left...as I ran around that green rail where my running legs became weak and painful...and I ran it pain free.   I didn't run fast...I just wanted to finish...I wanted an "after photo" and I got one:)

My son did amazing with a PR and he was the second to cross the finish line.  Not a feat easily won.


First in his age division and second to cross finish line:)
Here's me crossing...not quite as much grace:)

Here is the face of YEAH! I DID NOT break anything today!


and Ellie had a blast while we ran!

There are a lot of stories out there when you run.  I met a lady who has lost 60 lbs and just started running. Whatever your story....just get out and see where it takes you.  I find my best talks with God is when I'm running.  He keeps me moving, He keeps me going...and YES yesterday I listened to Silent NIght six times while running...its my FAV what can I say!

Next up! Pretty sure I have now been convinced to train for a half in April! Wish me luck!

Have a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment