About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, November 9, 2012

Post Election

If you know me well you know who I voted for and according to all sources more Americans voted for Romney than they did Obama.  Romney clearly won the popular vote.  Of course we all know who won and that as my hubby reminded me we liked it when Bush won the electoral votes back against Gore but not now...can't have it both ways...to which I responded with a great big mature roll of the eyes.

I'm not here to tell you the turmoil that our country will find itself in soon...its clear that the money is plumb gone...and where it is expected to come from is beyond my comprehension.  It's clear that the health care is in trouble but it really has been for awhile....I'm not here to discuss these topics.  I am here to discuss how people are treating each other.  Our country is CLEARLY divided and people are frankly quite upset. 

On election night when it became clear who won I was very troubled.  I just could not imagine why he was in office again.  What I wasn't prepared for is how those that voted for Obama attacked those that didn't.  I wrote on my Facebook wall that I was " depressed, dissapointed and discouraged." I lost two friends over that posting.  I put up a map that showed the US and all that had voted for Romney in red and the Obama supporters in Blue.  I got hateful postings because of just showing the map! One lady got into so big over that map that the Obama supporter started calling the Romney supporter an A--.  Really? This is what we have become as Americans?  I can't say that I'm a conservative Christian stay at home Mom that voted for Romney and that I'm concerned at where our nation is headed? I'm called hateful, self-righteous, and stupid because I have an opinion? 

It says in the Bible that many will hate we as Christians...for absolutely no reason other than that is who we are.  We have an opportunity here....

I wrote my friend back that had offended me and apologized if I in any way offended her.  She wrote and apologized that she should not have wrote on my wall what she did but has no interest in becoming my friend again.  Well, that's ok...as someone who hates it when people don't like me...I'm just gonna have to get used to it.

We must stand together as Christians for what we believe in.  We must make sure that it is said with love and not with the self righteous air that can sometimes come so easily to us, and we must understand that no matter how nicely we put it out there...some people are just going to not like us...and our presence is just going to upset them.

I hope that as we spend the next four years together that we as a people will lay aside our differences and realize that that is really what makes America great.  We can be of different color, different beliefs, and still be together. 

Hoping this finds you all well!


3 comments:

  1. Oh, I feel so bad for you! I am a Mitt supporter and so is my husband. We are both Christians and understand you fully. If you lost two friends over this election, they where never your friends anyway. Chin up, and as Jesus would do turn your cheek, remember not all will hear the call of our Lord.
    Lisa Rose
    P.S. I love, love, love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa, appreciate your comments. I even lost a follower on my blog....its sad that we can't have difference of opinion anymore. Appreciate all the love I can get:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just getting over here to catch up on your blog. I get your emails...but, let's just say-- the wind has gone out of my sails this past week!
    I was so disappointed when they announced that Obama won. I went to bed and didn't even stay up to watch them count down to the wire.
    I just keep telling myself--- that God is NOT SURPRISED. This isn't news to Him. We should not be surprised but know that the U.S.A. is getting what it deserves. God is not mocked. The Church has left it's first love... I blame The Church. People have turned from God in this country.
    We need to turn our faces to Him.

    Pray, pray, pray. God is faithful. ~Pat

    ReplyDelete