About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, November 12, 2012

Thanksgiving Tree

If you know me...you have heard how I love Ann Voskamp...and how that two years ago I started reading her book one thousand gifts.  If you haven't read it...I suggest you get it.  It is LIFE changing!  www.onethousandgifts.com  I would also suggest you go there to print out the leaves for the Thanksgiving Tree I'm about to share with you.

This year I'm changing things a LOT.  I'm making due with what I have, and purging my home.  This year I will NOT spend two weeks "dressing my house" for the holidays.  I have prayed and discussed with my family...we are RULED by STUFF! ENOUGH! Get rid of the excess and live in the amazing gifts we have...each other, focus on God and His amazing gifts that He gives us every day.  Make the little things in life the EXTRAORDINARY and celebrate all the little parts of it. 

I'm not saying sell your houses and cars and live on love and fish sticks...but I am saying...get rid of what controls you...what burdens you...what irritates you...and relax and live in the little joys of everyday! We really have so much to be grateful for!

I downloaded these leaves from Ann's website...and then my daughter and I have begun cutting them out, reading the verses and enjoying the time.  She started singing "Give Thanks to the Lord for He is good!" Oh how my heart soared!

Yes, give THANKS to the Lord for He is good:)













1 comment:

  1. I read this book this year. Would like to read it again and get my own copy. Very good.
    I haven't been to the site or remember the thanksgiving tree.
    This is a nice reminder.
    We have so much to be thankful for. (as to your previous post about the Election)...I'm thankful that I live in a Free country, where I can vote my conscience and not be worried about getting rounded up and carried to jail the next morning for doing so. :) Just a thought. Pat

    ReplyDelete