About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Little A-Frame in the Woods

Today was a day where the best place to be was in God's house.  Our Pastor knew our hearts were heavy...He knew we needed EXTRA today...and he brought it.

He first talked about dealing with Grief.  Not just this tragedy in Connecticut but grief in all aspects of our life....he went through the steps of Grief and I am going share that with you.

1.  Release My Grief

"Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Matthew 5:4

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.  Psalm 34:18

"Pour out your heart to God, for he is our refuge." Psalm 62:8

2.  Receive from others

"Carry each other's burdens..." Gal. 6:2

"By helping eac other with your troubles, you obey the law of Christ."

"Look after each other so that not one of you will fail to find God's best blessings." Hebrews 12:15

3.  Refuse to be bitter

"Some people have no happiness at all; they live and die with a bitter heart." Job 21:25

"Watch out that no bitterness takes root among you...it causes deep trouble hurting many in their spiritual lives." Hebrews 12:15

Realize what cannot be changed. "Reach out to God....then face the world again, firm and courageous...." Job 11:13,16

Focus on what's important, not what's lost.  No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you." I Thessalonians 5:18

4.  Remember What's Important

"Jesus said...Life is not measured by how much one owns.  " Luke 12:15

"We brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it." I Timothy 6:7

5.  Rely On Christ.

"I have learned the secret of being happy at any time in everything that happens, I can do all things through Christ, becaue he gives me strength." Philippians 4:13



I have to admit...it helped me....I felt better....still part of me wants to go move to my imaginary A-frame in the woods and hide my children from this horrible world...but we can't live in fear!

I listened to a couple of mothers say they homeschool for this very reason.  As a home school Mom may I just say....your not safe anywhere.  We got to movies, the mall, Target, and we live in the city....if you follow the news...there have been shooting in ALL of those places that I just listed.

I guess that is what is so terrifying about the news lately...it can happen ANYWHERE!

I have also been wondering if possibly I should do away with Facebook.  The social media lately has been ridiculous.  I could NOT believe the hateful comments left by those who were insulted because people said things like..."Our prayers are with you." Seriously? Prayer is the only thing getting me through...Hope is all we have to cling to when nothing else makes sense.  Our world without God is hopeless, hateful....I rejoice that these little ones are with our Savior...they no longer can feel pain or sadness....but those of us left behind to deal with the aftermath....that is where the suffering shows the deepest.

Today as our pastor picked up one of the hundreds shoeboxes that are going to Mexico...he pointed us back to hope....back to work that needs to be done.  Our world needs Jesus....plain and simple.  Those that proclaim He doesn't exist...need it the most...those that spit in our faces when we proclaim His name....need Him more.  There is work to be done...there are lives that need to be changed...and our country is in desperate need of our Savior....it only starts with those of us who know His name...and realize that this is not our home.....this is not the end....

So, don't run to your A-Frame....don't get caught up in the hatred, gun control, remember the victims, not the shooter....hug your children, and decide to LIVE and continue to be the "Light of the World."

Keep on keeping on:)


1 comment:

  1. God Bless You! You said it perfect. We have Jesus and I know like you, God has all those children in his arms as we speak.
    Lisa Rose

    ReplyDelete