Sometimes on Pinterest I get epic fails...so when I actually have an recipe that works I like to share it...as you all know here in MO it has been FREEZING! Today its actually supposed to be around forty degrees which will be a HEAT WAVE and hopefully we will get some rain...which we DESPERATELY need.
I made this last night and my WHOLE family LOVED it! I doubled the recipe because I wanted leftovers etc for today:) I did NOT double the cheese...and it was cheesy enough I promise!
1 pound of ground beef
3/4 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup shredded carrots
3/4 cup diced celery
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried parley flakes
4 tbl butter
3 cups cicken broth
4 cups peeled and diced potatoes
1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 cups of velveeta processed cheese cubed
1 1/2 cups milk
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 to 1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 cup sour cream
1. Brown the ground beef in 3 quart saucepan. Drrain and set aside.
2. In the same saucepan add 1 T butter and add onion, shredded carrots, parsley flakes, basil and celery. Saute until tender
3. Add the broth, potatoes and beef and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-12 or until vegetables and potatoes are tender.
4. In small skillet melt remaining butter (3 T) and add the flour. Cook and stiir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to the soup and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
5. Stir in the cheese, milk, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat and blend in sour cream ( I didn't do that) plenty yummy with out sour cream but you can if you want:)