About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Cheeseburger Soup

Sometimes on Pinterest I get epic fails...so when I actually have an recipe that works I like to share it...as you all know here in MO it has been FREEZING! Today its actually supposed to be around forty degrees which will be a HEAT WAVE and hopefully we will get some rain...which we DESPERATELY need.

I made this last night and my WHOLE family LOVED it! I doubled the recipe because I wanted leftovers etc for today:) I did NOT double the cheese...and it was cheesy enough I promise!

Ingredients:
1 pound of ground beef
3/4 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup shredded carrots
3/4 cup diced celery
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried parley flakes
4 tbl butter
3 cups cicken broth
4 cups peeled and diced potatoes
1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 cups of velveeta processed cheese cubed
1 1/2 cups milk
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 to 1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 cup sour cream

1.  Brown the ground beef in 3 quart saucepan.  Drrain and set aside.
2.  In the same saucepan add 1 T butter and add onion, shredded carrots, parsley flakes, basil and celery.  Saute until tender
3.  Add the broth, potatoes and beef and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-12 or until vegetables and potatoes are tender.
4.  In small skillet melt remaining butter (3 T) and add the flour.  Cook and stiir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly.  Add to the soup and bring to a boil.  Cook and stir for 2 minutes.  Reduce heat to low.
5.  Stir in the cheese, milk, salt and pepper.  Cook and stir until cheese melts.  Remove from heat and blend in sour cream ( I didn't do that) plenty yummy with out sour cream but you can if you want:)


Enjoy your weekend! We have a house showing today! I'm happy about that even though I'm missing my morning group run...which I'm very sad about:( I run so much better with people pushing me...because I'm a wimp...I freely admit it!

No comments:

Post a Comment