About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Chocolate Butter Cookies

Today was my hubby's day off and like many women I choose to bake that day as he enjoys it:)

I haven't made these in a long while but I have no idea why they are super easy! When I make these I double the recipe...but I have six people living here right now...and one of them is an ever growing 13 year old boy!!!!

1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 egg yolk
1 tsp almond extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa

In large bowl, combine sugar, butter, egg yolk and almond extract.  Beat until light and fluffy.  Gradually add flour and cocoa until well mixed.  Shape and place 1 inch apart on cookie sheet.  Bake at 375 degrees on ungreased cookie sheets for 7-9 minutes.

I rolled the dough into small balls and then smashed with a spoon as soon I got them out of the oven....feel free to do as you please:)


No comments:

Post a Comment