About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Reading during lunch

As a homeschool Mom I wear lots of hats...and lately I have felt that I wasn't doing everything to the best of my ability...I wanted to ENJOY what I was doing...not just check the list!

So, just so you know my schedule it is as follows:

8am Trey begins school...he is old enough to get his online school going and he has teachers who teach his subjects.  I check the work as it is completed and correct as we go...if you don't check the work daily it will be to overwhelming to you and your student.

While he is working I get Ellie up and ready for the day and beds made, dishwasher, laundry etc done.

By 10 am I do school with Ellie and that is usually done by 11:30 we then do lunch and then I do more stuff around the house etc....but I really missed reading with her.  We would do our library books after school but I really wanted to spend some time with her....so I decided to do it...during lunch:)

While she eats...I read...and she LOVES it!

Our selection right now is the following:

You will be surprised how much they can really retain if we give them the chance!

Have a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment