About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

What GREAT gifts?

I admit it...I'm a task maker...I have tried to put my list on my ipad and iphone and I have to tell you....it irks me...I check the item off and its gone....I like paper and post it notes and pens and books...I like to feel it, highlight it, look at it.  My cookbooks have oil etc all over them some have splotches but that means I really LIKE that one.  I like to look at my lists at the end of the day  and see the lines marked through the things I have accomplished:) Today was a sick day...started at 2am with my Ellie...then it became a coffee, pop kinda of day and I have basically only done laundry, dishes and checked my sons school work as he has gone through the day....today....nothing is going as it should....

I read blogs with thousands of followers, I Instagram and have no one like countless pictures while others have cartoons up about pointless things and have thousands of likes....my facebook soap page and blog are followed by a few but its a small miracle that anyone ever comments on anything....I sometimes wish I would just hit delete on all media...but seriously....how practical is that...we don't use telephones anymore...in fact I have one lady who is wanting me to help her in a ministry and we have played phone tag five times...I wanted to say to her hubby last night to just have her "facebook" me.  That way it could get DONE and over!

I still like to write thank you notes and receive an invitation.  I like dressing up and going to weddings where no one is in jeans?? (yep its true) I like to hear children say "yes maam and no maam"...ok I'm getting distracted....

I am not Ann Voskamp nor am I Beth Moore...

I have a lot to share and I've given my testimony and spoke to women before while they all sat there with glazed looks on their faces as I spoke...and to myself I wondered if there was a possibility that I spoke a foreign language??? I've helped in nursery for years at our church, worked in the clown ministry for seven years, I make soap, play piano, home school my kids, I run, I cook, I organize, I clean, I do and go and do and go...and here I am...stuck....

We sit at home with our computer screens....we check out the daily gossip on our Facebook, we check on our kids through Twitter and Instagram...I almost know more about kids before my kids come down to tell me about it....

I daresay that we as a generation have pretty much cheated ourselves from the simple act of human touch....we go to work and have more of a relationship with the people we work with than the ones that we go to church with or live with...we pull into our driveways, open the garage doors, go on and speak to no one...we eat dinner and talk with our families...turn on tv, or computer...and then off to bed to begin it all the next day...we don't have time to talk on phone...we have to have neat perfect house that no one comes to...

The reality is...we need human touch...we need to foster relationships...children need to know what it is like to carry on a conversation without saying "huh, or yeah, or DUDE" I seriously canNOT stand to hear that word DUDE!!! Makes me CRAZY!!!!

Lately, I have rekindled a friendship that I have missed for so long...and its so great to plan things with that friend every week...its been so great to be able to speak and not worry about how that "comes out".  I have missed her greatly....my hubby sometimes tells me that maybe I should look for friends that aren't like me....but I always laugh....because your friends ARE like you...that's why your friends....

So, here's to friends....and growing relationships in real life...and not judging your worth by pictures that get "liked" on Instagram or how many followers you have on Twitter or your blog or friends you have on Facebook....reach out to your friends...and ENJOY the difference of HUMAN touch!!!!!

Go GET EM!










Have a GREAT day!

1 comment:

  1. As I was studying Colossians this week I was convicted of needing to reach out to people. Not just on social media (that is better than doing NOTHING) but to make a call or write a REAL note and MAIL it. I am not very good at doing these things but I will try harder. I have a sticky note in front of me right now to write a note to someone I have not seen at church in years. People need to know they are loved and someone cares about them. Thanks .

    ReplyDelete