About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, March 11, 2013

Waiting.....

Waiting....as a 38 year old woman I have realized what God keeps trying to teach me...He wants me to learn to WAIT and be patient and be CONTENT....I hate learning that lesson...I'm horrible at it...which is probably why I get to learn it so much.

In the year 2000 after my brand new baby boy arrived...I learned to wait patiently and pray fervently....for two years I prayed and in 2002 that prayer was answered but in a way I never have understood.  My first husband who was away from the Lord was called home to be with the Lord and I was left with sorting out the details of it all...and I will never be able to understand it this side of heaven.

Then after I was remarried in 2003 I again prayed for four more years for another child...and just when I had given up complete hope of that....here came my bouncing baby girl in May of 2007...her name means.. "God has answered."

Today in 2013 we again wait...we wait for our house to sell...even though we had two offers...we were asked to wait...so I sit and wait...and I used to sit and worry...what if? what now? what why?

I have my reasons for wanting to sell our house, they are not financial in fact we are looking at a house which is more than this one...I want a bigger yard and just want to basically size down from this big house that we live in....we don't HAVE to sell...we just WANT to....REALLY BAD!  After our house contract fell apart I just sat there in disbelief wondering why God had us go through it in the first place...why have any contracts? why did we have to accept THAT contract?  The only conclusion I could come to is that He's not ready for us to move yet...He has something bigger for us to learn....or our house isn't ready yet? I have NOO idea.  I fell in love with another house but have since learned to just let it go...to not even check on it...to understand that it its meant to be than it will be ours...and for whatever reason...there is now a peace beginning to settle over me....that everything is going to be alright....that I don't need to worry...just keep doing what He's asked me to do...to let it BE....to let control GOOOO! so yes, I pick it back up every once in awhile...but I'm trying...really trying...and for now I keep saying this verse over and over again:)

Jeremiah 29:11,13

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hop-e and a future.  Then you will call on me and come and p-ray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 

Oh that I would be like my E....happpy and enjoying the moment...trusting that good will come...not living in fear of the bad...taking each day for what it is...a GIFT:)

1 comment:

  1. Jaimie--
    Your testimony speaks volumes to my heart.
    I appreciate your words and your faith.
    Hang in there, The God who answers is still hearing your prayers and will reward your faith.
    -blessings, Pat

    ReplyDelete