About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Finding Time to Read

Lately, I have been reading several books that I have been meaning to read for about two years.  Some are new but I just wanted to share some books that have really been talking to me lately.  I get so burdened by the things in this world and the trials of this life that I just carry it with me.  So, perspective is of upmost importance so these books have been quite a source of joy to me lately.

The one I'm working on now is:

1.So Long Insecurity: You've Been a Bad Friend to Us: Beth Moore

2. Sparkly Green Earrings: Catching the Light at Every Turn Melanie Shankle

3.  Dancing with my Father by Sally Clarkson

4.  This Mission of Motherhood: Sally Clarkson

5.  Don't Make me Count To Three Ginger Plowman

6.  One Thousand Gifts Ann Voskamp (I'm trying to make it a habit continually...been working on this for about two years..have read it through several times.)

7.  Grace for the Good Girl by Emily P Freeman

and one I have bought for my stepdaughters but going to be reading first:

8.  Graceful-Letting go of your try-hard life by Emily P Freeman


Another one I just started

9.  You're Made for a God-Sized Dream by Holley Gerth

I know, I know...I probably shouldn't read three books at the same time but I do....I didn't even tell you the books I read for teaching my children:)

Anyway, just thought that this summer you all might want some good books to read...and those are the ones so far that I'm enjoying!

I'm off to spend a day on me myself and I to celebrate my 39th birthday :( That's right...I'm one step closer to middle age :(

Goals for the rest of the year are as follows:
1.  Keep sanity during this move and the squishing a family of five and six (one will go back to college) into a two bedroom house while our house is being built.
2.  Completely rid myself of my "constant stuff buying" self...
3. Save more money with coupons
4.  Take time for myself more...not feeling guilty buying clothes, shoes etc....I'm a better Mommy when I feel better.
5.  Eating better
6.  Running a half this fall.
7.  Learning to sit and smell the roses
8.  Communicate better with my son....12 and 13 are soo hard...there are days I wonder if I will make it:)
9.  Teach my children to love people not things :)
10. Have a house full of joy not strife :)

Have a GREAT day! Hoping that this birthday will go better than most...usually there are disasters that occur on my birthday:(





1 comment:

  1. I haven't been reading much lately... I've read a few short books downloaded on my Kindle...most are about finance, saving money etc. Very short reads
    I just started reading "One Thousand Gifts" again today for the 2nd time!
    It is definitely worth the read again.

    hope you're able to keep things moving forward with your list.
    Lists seem to be the topic lately...I've read lots of post by others about list making. I'm a list maker...though, I've not implemented that in a while either.
    Maybe I should...and it will help give focus to the priorities.
    Thanks for sharing yours...you've inspired me today.
    :) Pat

    ReplyDelete