About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Hiccups of Life

I dislike my birthday...no, I really do.  Every year it seems it is shadowed by disaster...two years ago it was shattered by the Joplin tornado where four of my family members almost lost their lives.  Last year it seemed to be shadowed by the deaths of several friends parents....and this year another deadly tornado the day before my birthday....I now approach my birthday in kind of a "close my eyes" kind of way.

The world is a scary place...such sorrow, such cruelty...but out of the ashes God makes himself known.  I will never forget after the Joplin tornado and we went to look at where my niece and her newborn baby were pulled from the wreckage and all around me helping were churches...everywhere....the children of God helping:)  When I drove through I didn't take pictures....it seemed rude...like I was intruding on their pain...I only took pictures where my niece was...and where no one else was around....I can't imagine how I would feel to see people taking a million pictures of my pain and my belongings and memories scattered all around.

In the darkest of dark nights people surround us to help us through...in the coldest of days when you feel you can't make it...God holds us up...and helps us see to another day...and in the morning you feel a glimmer that you might make it...but what do you do in the Hiccup of life??? Right now....we have a big hiccup with the people buying our house.  It's not their fault....its a hiccup that they didn't anticipate either....its a great big pain honestly for both sides...but it means building my new house is put off yet another month...it means living in a two bedroom rental for another month...it means...waiting...and if its one thing I have learned in this process..its that God wants me to WAIT....WAIT.....WAIT....and just so you know....I'M HORRIBLE AT WAITING!  So, after I cried yesterday....because that of course makes it ALL BETTER:( and inhaled a chocolate bar (creating yet another problem :(  I remembered that the only thing I could change was my attitude to the Hiccups of life.....I'm still moving....they still want my house....we are still building ....and it will be awesome....but for now...we just have to wait....and pack and pack and have a big sale....:)

Yesterday after that phone call I had some attitude problems with my children, got a trailer to do some moving where the lights wouldn't work, have a house that looks like a train hit it, have an antenna sitting on the ground after our storm blew through, and a fence that needs to be repaired, just washed my car that got rained on in a fifteen second rainstorm (of course) and forgot once again to get something at the grocery store...really, how hard is it to remember BUTTER?! not to mention all the trials we have had this week with our van....but the hiccups of life are the hardest I think....can't really call people and cry about the trailer lights not working, or having to start your new house a month later....kind of feel selfish calling and complaining about that when so many people are hurting and have some real problems...but that is when I feel we sometimes need it most...for the little things...for the hiccups...

I still keep singing this son and lately even more:

Give Me Jesus-Jeremy Camp
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise

Give me Jesus\Give me Jesus\Give me Jesus\You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

When I am alone,
When I am alone,
When I am alone,\Give me Jesus.

When I come to die,
When I come to die,
When I come to die,
Give me Jesus.



No comments:

Post a Comment