About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Last Chapter

I said goodbye to my childhood home this week.  I started crying as I walked around the property.  I have lived there since 12.  I had highschool and college boyfriends come here to meet my parents...the man I would marry, sat on the front porch in my wedding gown getting pictures, brought my newborn baby boy here, moved here after the death of my husband and watched my son grow up here as well...it was bittersweet....















but now my parents are ten minutes away from me and Dad has a lot less to take care of.  After his heart attack last year this place was just way to much for him to take care of.  I cried but I know that there are many happy memories to come.  So today we close the last chapter of this book...and now we move on to a new one:)

Have a GREAT day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a beautiful home. Besides all the reasons you listed...I think the setting is a good reason to miss it, too!
    I can just imagine a new family, starting out...with new stories on the horizon...waiting to be told.
    the same for you and your family as you are all planning for new adventures in you future.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete