About Me

My photo
Saint Joseph, MO, United States
I'm a stay at home Mom of two children and I have the unique privilege of being able to homeschool both of them. I am a stepmother to two older daughters one who is going to college. I enjoy shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing, running, clowning, making soap, playing piano and lately painting with ASCP paint! I am learning to enjoy the little things in life and make the most of it...clinging to my Savior through the tears that life brings and enjoying his GRACE He gives us every day! Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Strawberry Freezer Jam

  Right now we are in temporary housing while we wait for the closing of our old home and the closing of our new home.  However, I knew we could not miss out on strawberries this year no matter how tiny my kitchen:)

We found a little farm that I'm sad to say the owners are too old to take care of so this is their last year:(  We picked for about two hours....





As you can see we picked a lot!

I then put them in a water bath, and then I took the stems off.

For each batch I used:
1. 2 cups of crushed strawberries, not to much you want to see some pieces of fruit
2. 4 cups of sugar and let that sit with the berry mixture for ten minutes
3. Then take 3/4 cup of water and stir into the suregell mixture for 3 minutes. 
4. I then put the strawberry mixture in it and let it all get warm before pouring into jars.

I then set the jars out for 24 hours and listen for the popping sound of sealing!

As of today I have canned 34 jars of delicious yumminess!

and of course some homemade strawberry shortcake!

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment